Monday 11 January 2016

Is there life on Mars?

7 am just switched on the pc in work and half heard the guy on the radio said they'd heard of the passing of David, I didn't catch the surname and so a few seconds later when I heard the word Bowie I was floored.
A few minutes later my work colleague came in almost in tears.
Do we really realise how much a person whose not in our lives yet he is actually means until he's gone?
The music followed me throughout my life.
I listened to Bowie rather than the popular Bay City Rollers in school, probably influenced by my brother and I am grateful to him for that.
I adore Ziggy! I memorised every word.
Life on Mars is my out and out all time favourite song,
"can I have a glass of water" Does anyone get the reference?
Then he reinvented himself with Lets dance and China Girl. Fashion, Heroes, Major Tom..... all these tracks all these times, They meant something. Labyrinth.. Man who fell to earth I loved that film. Cat people, Crazy, demented, epic, genius, different, handsome, beautiful boy. David Bowie.
You never wanted to be boring David.... You weren't. Not for one second. 

See these eyes so greenI can stare for a thousand yearsJust be still with meYou wouldn't believe what I've been thruWell, it's been so longAnd I've been putting out firewith gasolineputting out fire with gasoline



Bowie 1983

No comments:

Post a Comment